Child Protection Services Overview
Children are protected under the law.
The Child, Youth and Family Services Act (2017) requires Family and Children’s Services of Lanark, Leeds and Grenville to:
- Investigate all reports or evidence of the possible abuse or neglect of children
- Ensure the safety of children who are in need of protection
- Provide care for children who are unable to remain in their own homes due to child-protection concerns
- Supervise the children under our care
- Provide adoption services
- Provide services to families for protecting children or for the prevention of circumstances requiring the protection of children
Everyone has a duty to report child abuse.
If you think a child is being abused or neglected, the law requires you to report the situation to Family and Children’s Services. Your identity will be kept confidential, except as required by law. You don’t have to prove abuse or neglect has happened: we’ll take the necessary steps to find out if it has or not.
Learn more about the duty to report.